Our energy body is a non-physical vehicle that vitalizes our physical body. The word chakra comes from Sanskrit and means wheel, circle, or cycle and a chakra is an energy point or node in the energy body (or energosoma, subtle body). Our energy body is slightly bigger than our physical body.
Each chakra is often associated with specific functions, emotions, thought patterns and activities. We can also draw a parallel between physical organs like kidneys or lungs, and chakras of the energy body.
By the same token, a healthy chakra should be open, unblocked. And since the energy body vitalizes the physical body, healthy and unblocked chakras could contribute to good physical health. This is one of the reasons why learning how to open your chakras can be helpful in maintaining a healthy physical body.
How do I know if my chakras are open?
Well, first, it depends on how we define “open”. If we think of open as the opposite of unblocked, then one way to gage if any of your chakras are blocked is by using the closed circuit of energies technique.
The technique consists in moving your own energies up and down in a cyclical way, from your head to your feet and from your feet to your head, up and down, making the energies flow through every cell of your physical body.
In short, you will try to move the energies and make the energies flow evenly throughout your energy body.
While doing this exercise, look for sensations that could indicate blocked chakras:
- The energies seem to “skip” an area of your energy body
Sometimes the absence of sensation in an area can indicate blockages, particularly when you are able to feel the energies flowing in other areas of the energy body.
Your energies should flow within your energy body. If you are sitting down the energies would not follow the exact shape of your body, but tend to follow a line from the back of your head to the tip of your toes.
Don’t worry about making the energy follow the exact shape of your body. If you find it difficult, try doing this exercise with energies while lying down or while standing up, you can overcome your conditionings later when you get more practice.
When all chakras are open, you should be able to feel the energies flowing evenly, freely, smoothly, and unobstructed throughout your body.
How do you unblock your chakras?
If you detect one of the sensations of chakra blockage described earlier, you can try a few things to unblock that specific chakra:
Deepen your focus and pay closer attention to the movement of energies as it flows through the blocked area.
- Use the full strength of your will power to push the energies through the blocked area.
- Shorten the circuit of energies to an area within 10 inches above and below the blocked area.
- Exteriorize through that chakra, sending your energies outwards, donating energies to the room you are in.
The other definition of open chakras
We can also think that an open chakra is an “activated” chakra. This would go beyond the concept of blockage described above. An active chakra would be clearly perceived with localized sensations such as:
- As if a feather was touching our skin
There is no universal way to feel an open chakra and the list above is not meant to be exhaustive. The key point is that the non-physical sensation in a specific area would be clear to the person experiencing it. For example, if our frontochakra, or third eye, is activated, we would feel the sensations listed above in an area of about one inch (approximately 3 cm) of diameter centered between our eyebrows.
How long does it take to open a chakra?
It varies depending on how blocked the chakra is, for how long it has been blocked, and how able you are to move your own energies. If we think in terms of unblocking, this can happen within seconds for someone with good mastery of subtle energies.
A long-term view is often productive when thinking about unblocking your energy body. Chakras are associated with thought and emotion patterns, which ultimately are linked to traits that we have. We, as a consciousness, can manifest a wide range of thoughts and emotions, from the healthier ones to the more pathological and counterproductive ones.
This is where self-knowledge comes in. Opening your chakras is part of developing your psychic ability and something that can be achieved with specific energy techniques or, in the short-term, even third-party help, as would be the case of someone sending energies to your chakra, for example.
In the long run, however, a healthy and unblocked energy body is directly linked to the health of your thoughts and emotions.
So, work with your energies, but also try and understand why your chakras are not open, and what possible self-knowledge lessons the blockages can teach you. At Reaprendentia we propose that everything we experience is learning opportunity, something that can help us in our evolution as a consciousness.
~~~ * ~~~
Reaprendentia is a non-profit organization managed and supported by volunteers. We offer information, courses, and workshops aimed at promoting personal experiences with non-physical realities and personal growth through learning. Stay in touch by signing up to our newsletter. We offer free lectures and courses regularly in Fort Lauderdale, USA.
- Fundamentals, Visual ClairvoyanceHow to See your Own AuraHaving techniques that you can apply on your own is very useful in clairvoyance development: coordinating schedules with others becomes unnecessary and it makes it easier to try it at 3AM, for example. This article presents a technique that you can apply "solo" and helps you to see your own aura.
- Fundamentals, Visual ClairvoyanceWhy We Should All Learn How to See AurasAuras become visible when you activate your visual clairvoyance. Developing the ability to see auras, energies, and non-physical dimensions in general can help you achieve a better understanding of your surroundings and get more out of life experiences.
- FundamentalsHow to Assist Others Through EnergiesWe can help others with bioenergies. This article describes the Personal Energetic Task - PENTA - a multidimensional, daily, personal, energetic task that consists of a technical transmission of consciential energies from you, assisted by helpers, directly to other people.